Friday, June 13, 2008

Our Blog is Born

Today, Friday the 13th at 7:30pm Central time, our blog was born in a hotel room in San Antonio, Texas. I thought it would be fun to start this off on an 'unlucky note'.

I have been wanting to start a blog for some time, but was having a hard time finding the time or motivation. A boring evening on a business trip seemed like a good opportunity to use my time and free internet wisely. Truth be told, the straw that broke my non-blogging back was seeing how awesome these Blog Books are that some of my friends have. How cool to have a family journal with pictures etc etc etc!! (check off list, 'Excuse for not blogging earlier' & 'Why I am now blogging')

Justin and I were trying to come up with a name for our new baby (that 'bump' I have is the 'newly wed nineteen' so don't get excited, I'm referring to the blog) and since it seems we're the last to jump on the blogging bandwagon, it's affectionately called "Eat Our Wagon Dust". Mostly because all the other url's we tried were already taken. I guess that is the downside of jumping on late! (check off list, 'Why we chose this name for our blog')

We're going to have to be extra creative posting things since we don't have kids to show off, or pets, or any very exciting hobbies, but we'll try to keep it interesting. I have been ordered by Justin "not to make our blog boring". He has agreed to blog occasionally, which I think you'll enjoy, he has a very creative imagination and writes so well!

Stay tuned!

No comments: